Covid-19 Test at Home Program
Hunterdon County is proud to offer free at-home COVID-19 testing. These tests are available to all residents of Hunterdon County and those who work in the County, free of charge. The testing is for those who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, those who are asymptomatic but have a known COVID exposure including those who are quarantining as a close contact. Supplies are limited. These tests are not intended for those who need to conduct repeat testing for their employers. For anyone seeking vaccination please call us at 908-788-1351 for appointment information.
The saliva collection test for COVID-19 has the same effectiveness as the nasal swab test. This test is performed under the supervision of our healthcare provider, Vault, through a video telehealth visit eliminating the risk of person-to-person exposure to the virus.
To register for your at-home testing kit, you must first fill out the form below to verify your Hunterdon County residency. Within 24-48 hours following your submission, you will receive a link to order your free kit on the Vault Health website. This is FREE to all Hunterdon County residents, and health insurance is not required but a claim will be submitted if are covered.
Please note the following:
- There is no out of pocket cost for this test.
- You must be a resident of Hunterdon County or employed in Hunterdon County.
- Only persons over the age of 6 are eligible for this test. Persons under the age of 18 should have a parent or guardian complete the registration for them.
- You will receive your code within 48 hours.
- This is not an antibody test. This test is designed to determine if you currently are infected with COVID-19 and have the potential to infect others.
- YOU MUST REGISTER EACH PERSON, INCLUDING CHILDREN INDIVIDUALLY, USING THE LINK BELOW. PLEASE OPEN A NEW BROWSER WINDOW FOR EACH REGISTRATION. DO NOT REGISTER A CHILD IN THE SAME SESSION THAT YOU REGISTER AN ADULT OR VAULT HEALTH WILL ASK TO COLLECT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.
If your test is positive, or if you have symptoms, call your health care professional.Register Now!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. Please consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have it, follow the steps below to help protect other people in your home and community.
A novel coronavirus is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified. The virus causing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, such as the common cold.